Your Great Escape at Bilene Club Lodge
Just like the Mozambicans’ attitude to life, the seaside town of Bilene in Mozambique’s Gaza province is lively, a little bit eccentric, and a whole lot laid-back. If you’re craving something off the beaten track and family-friendly, you’ll find it here, at Bilene Lodge, an easy two-hour drive from Maputo.
ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES
The Lagoon near Bilene Lodge stretches approximately eight kilometres wide and 27 kilometres long. Conditions are almost always calm, which makes it ideal for boats and dhows. Canoes and kayaks can be used across the lagoon and to the mouth. Enjoy safe snorkelling and, depending on the season, you will even witness a few local turtles. If all you want is a bit of R&R, the most pristine beaches surround the lagoon, and it's easy to find a quiet corner.
Explore local markets
The markets in Bilene are a must-see, with fresh, local produce and a variety of other foodstuffs, from cashew nuts to fresh fish, crabs and freshly-caught prawns cooked superbly over an open fire. Find locally-made clothing and plenty of handmade crafts and artwork to take home as souvenirs.
Since the Ujembe lagoon is so vast, there is ample space to throttle up and really have some fun. Guests at Bilene Lodge can enjoy two complimentary boat trips during their stay, on a Sunday and Wednesday between 08h00 and 12h00. Boating trips are subject to demand and, during peak holiday periods, extra runs are typically added. Be sure to speak to any of the Bilene staff for details.
Try some outdoor sports
The adventurous can venture out for a beach hike from Bilene Lodge, or scramble up some of our epic dunes to take in the views. Aside from boating, conditions in Bilene are mostly ideal for kitesurfing and parasailing. Photographers will love exploring the area's nooks and crannies, unique landscape and ocean life.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.