Your Great Escape at Royal Thonga Safari Lodge
For holidaymakers planning a self-drive into southern Mozambique from KwaZulu-Natal, this is the perfect opportunity to add Royal Thonga Safari Lodge to your itinerary. This four-star establishment is the crown jewel of ‘the garden province’, quietly nestled within the perimeter of the game-rich Tembe Elephant Park.
ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES
Tembe Elephant Park
At Royal Thonga Safari Lodge, guests can book open game drives led by an experienced, qualified guide.
Guided Sand Forest Hikes
During the morning or late afternoon, when the temperatures are not too hot, stretch your legs and move with the pace of nature on a walk through the Sand Forest located near the Lodge.
Leatherback Turtle Tracking
Magnificent beaches along the Elephant Coast are a major attraction and visited by numerous endangered loggerhead and leatherback turtles, which lay their eggs in the sand between November and January.
Diving at Sodwana Bay
Proclaimed as a Marine Reserve and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the extensive reefs are bountiful with a whopping 1,200 fish species.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.