Swing into Spring at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa
Visit the French-inspired Wineland town of Franschhoek, set against vineyard-clad hills and the Wemmershoek Mountains, just a short drive from Cape Town. As you explore the surrounding area, you’ll soon realise why this elegant town deserves its status as South Africa’s gourmet capital.
ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES
Franschhoek Wine Tram
By far the best way to wine and dine your way through the many wine farms of Franschhoek, the Franschhoek wine tram is not only a safe and enjoyable way to explore, but it’s a fun experience for the whole family. This hop-on, hop-off wine tram tour weaves its way through rolling vineyards with the promise of wine tastings and cellar tours around every turn. Enjoy delicious pairings, sublime surrounds and a variety of award-winning vintages along several pre-arranged routes conducted by the tram operator. To get there, you can find the Franschhoek Wine Tram offices at the corner of Main Road and Cabriere Street, Franschhoek.
Sumptuous Craft Breweries
Ever since the first French Huguenot settlers sprouted their vines in the Franschhoek Valley over three centuries ago, the region has flourished into a world-renowned wonderland, showcasing food, wine and beer of the most sumptuous standards. Make a day of it as you hop from one brewery to the next, savouring only the most palatable craft brews that Franschhoek has to offer. From Hey Joe Brewing and their traditional Belgium-inspired delights, to The Franschhoek Beer, showcasing award-winning superiority of the finest quality, handcrafted and curated with Franschhoek's mountain spring water and topped off with a dash of excellence.
Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve
Hiking enthusiasts eager to explore the world on foot can take to Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve, located just beside the Franschhoek lookout point. Here, you'll be met by not one, but seven nature-immersed hiking trails to choose from. For an easy morning trail, we'd recommend the Breakfast Rock Trail - about 2km long and just over one hour in length. If you're up for a challenge, venture along the Uitkyk or Perdekop Trail, both of which extend over 6km and take well over 4 hours to complete. Or perhaps the thought of traversing through the dancing Winelands makes your heart sing? Then the Winelands Trail - 3.5km in length and about 2 hours long – is for you.
Franschhoek Village Market
If you're a fan of markets and the dainty ornamentals that accompany them, be sure to pay a visit to the Franschhoek Village Market. It is open every Saturday in the town's centre for easy access. Mingle with the locals, and revel in the arts, crafts and the tasty food under the shady old oak trees. With free entry, parking, and a children's play area, it's the perfect stop for the whole family. Enjoy incredible live music as you seek out not one, but several precious souvenirs. Definitely a day out to remember!
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.