Swing into Spring at Zimbali Lodge
Zimbali Lodge has long lured in visitors making their way up the north coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal. With leaning palms, subtropical gardens, and a classy resort-style, this is just the place to lean back and let nature soothe your soul.
ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES
LOOK OUT (AND UP) FOR THE BIRDS
Birding enthusiasts will enjoy the plentiful birdlife at Zimbali Lodge. Keep your eyes peeled for species like Neergaard’s Sunbird, Rudd’s Apalis, Woodward’s Batis, and the Plain-backed Sunbird. The Twinspot is also a regular, along with a few Crowned Eagles, a pair of African Fish Eagles, Yellow-billed Kites, Black Sparrowhawks, and African Goshawks.
EMBARK ON A FOREST WALK
As a guest at Zimbali Lodge, you’ll also have access to the 50-hectare reserve within the estate, as well as demarcated conservation areas along the surrounding dunes. When meandering through these well-marked pathways and timber viewing decks, be on the look-out for the locals: bushbuck, duiker, mongoose and of course, those mischievous little vervet monkeys.
STROLL ALONG ZIMBALI BEACH
If swimming pools come in second place to the ocean for you, don your summer sandals and head down to Zimbali Beach just yonder. Keep an eye on the horizon between May to September, when schools of dolphins and porpoises, along with Humpback whales, are seen making their move up to Mozambique for mating season. This stretch of coastline is not designated for swimming; however, other beaches suited for bathing are located nearby..
THE BUZZING HUB OF BALLITO
Ballito is a dedicated holiday town swarming with enthusiastic holidaymakers, particularly during the spring and summer months. It can be found nestled in the heart of the Dolphin Coast and is a go-to for classic beach-time fun, be it sprawling out on the sands and working on your tan, building sandcastles with the kids, grabbing your surfboard, or reeling in the catch of the day. It is also home to plenty of vibey farmers’ and crafts markets, scenic bike trails, and a lifestyle centre for those in search of some retail therapy.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please note that overcrowding of rooms will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages. Should the maximum occupancy be exceeded the resort shall have no alternative but to insist that the number of guests exceeding the maximum immediately leave the resort or book alternative rooms
- The booking will be confirmed with a confirmation letter and the confirmation letter must be produced on check-in at the resort, and failing such the resort may refuse admittance.
- Only the guests whose name appears on the confirmation letter will be permitted occupation.
- The resort may, for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest. Although the resort endeavour to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.