Mount Savannah Game Reserve commits itself to environmental leadership in all its business activities and provides a healthy workplace, protecting the environment, natural resources and conserving energy. We are committed to diminishing the impact on our environment through:
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling to support the implementation of our zero-waste strategy.
- Be environmentally responsible neighbours in the community where we operate and correct incidents that endanger the health and safety of the environment.
- Enhancing awareness among our employees and motivating them to conduct themselves in an environmentally liable fashion.
- Averting environmental anguish or adverse incidents in all areas by making certain that our working practices comply with all pertinent ratifications.
- Working with suppliers who actively encourage sound environmental implementations and practices.
- To communicate the requirements of this policy to all partners, suppliers and staff.
- To provide a workplace free of recognised hazards and maintain healthy working conditions for all company employees.
- To commit to green purchasing and make this policy publicly available.
- Continue to avert environmental pollution by striving to minimise resource consumption and waste causation.
Energy, Water, Waste and CO2 Initiatives
Walk your talk – when employees feel nurtured, appreciated, acknowledged and respected, they will give 110% of their time, commitment, and effort in return. Below follows a detailed status update on our environmental practices
Energy Saver Status
Energy saving through green practices:
Replacing light bulbs with energy efficient ones.
- Unplug equipment that drains energy when not in use.
Water Saver Status
Water conserving through green practices:
Low-flow showerheads – 6l/m
- Use low-water-volume toilets.
- Continue using water sparingly.
- Wash a full load of linen and dry outside.
- Reduce water consumption by reusing greywater for garden irrigation purposes and adopt the drip irrigation system.
- Regularly check for water leaks.
Waste Efficiency Status
Minimise waste and increase recycling through green practices:
We are continuing with our plan of “zero waste to landfill” by sorting all our recyclable materials on-site in the greenest ways possible to help protect the environment and the health of the population.
- We placed 2 bins in the kitchen for moist and dry waste.
Carbon Footprint Status
Transporting food requires fuels and many fertilizers are also fossils fuel based so our plan is to continue to source locally-grown produce to limit our footprint.
- We have experienced some struggles due to bush rabbits eating the plants, but we continue to cultivate our vegetable garden.